Commitment to Privacy
About Sue's Burgers & Shakes
Sue's Burgers and Shakes is a modern day not to the classic American Diner! Sue's offers a unique variety of quality artistan burgers, made with fresh, premium produce, decadent hand-scooped thickshakes and loaded fries that will blow your mind!
What information does Sue's Burgers & Shakes collect about you?
The types of personal information we may collect about you if you are a customer or prospective customer include:
• your contact details, including your name, email address, social media identifiers, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
• your age and/or date of birth;
• any information you provide to us when you place an order via our online ordering service, including your credit card or debit card details;
• any information you provide to us as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction with us, including customer surveys and any feedback or requests for information;
• details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
• additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information, including your preferences and/or opinions; and
• any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may also collect and hold information from your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour. In addition, we may also collect information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
How and why does Sue's Burgers collect and use your personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to contact and communicate with you;
• to assist in providing goods and services to you;
• to process orders submitted by you via our online ordering service and process payment for those orders;
• to assist in processing and responding to any request or complaint made by you;
• for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
• for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
• for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
• for product development, quality control and research purposes of Sue's Burgers and Shakes restaurants;
• to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
• to consider your employment or franchise application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
• our employees, franchisees, contractors and/or related entities;
• our existing or potential agents or business partners;
• sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
• anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
• third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
• credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
• courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
• third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Can you deal with Sue's Burgers & Shakes anonymously?
Sue's Burgers and Shakes will provide individuals with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for Sue's Burgers and Shakes to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services or participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security: We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
What should you do if you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information?
You may make a complaint about privacy to the privacy officer at the contact details set out below.
The privacy officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint. We will generally respond to your complaint within a week.
If your complaint requires more detailed consideration or investigation, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a week and endeavour to complete our investigation into your complaint promptly. We may ask you to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking. We will then typically gather relevant facts, locate and review relevant documents and speak with individuals involved.
In most cases, we will investigate and respond to a complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or you consider that Sue's Burgers and Shakes may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the website http://www.oaic.gov.au.
For any questions or notices, please contact team at:
SUES DINING GROUP PTY LTD 652 845 228